Wanting to complete my interior I still needed a transmission tunnel, shifters and a kind of center console. As I am using two seats in the cab instead of a bench seat it should look quite good. I needed the primary shifter and a transfer case shifter. A center console area would be nice to put scale items into. I might make another version with cup holders.
I started by making the primary tunnel shape with the idea that the tunnel would be larger towards the front to accommodate the transmission area and engine.
In an effort to remove as much unneeded material as possible I made the underside rather hollow. I thought this would be an excellent opportunity to add mounting areas to the underside. I added one at the front and rear. There are two holes that are 2.5mm in diameter to accept an M3 screw that should cut threads into the plastic.
I added the primary shift stick to the tunnel. I wanted to get the rubber, layered look of the shift boot as best as possible. It came out quite nicely.
The next thing to add was the transfer case shifter. I chose to just use a simple round type of boot for this short stick.
The last thing I had to add was the center console area. I made it a separate component so I could have a model without it and one with it. I just made a simple bucket type design for a general fit.
Soon I will do a test print of this model so I can continue to complete the interior of the Trail Finder 2 build and present a finished model for the store.