I finished the first version of the dashboard model and decided it was time for a test print to be able to assess the current state of the model. Ordering the model was an exciting time because I am anxious to use it in my Trail Finder 2 truck. During the holiday period I realized I should explore making another version that would allow for a steering servo to add more realism. This would mean I have two overall versions. It also dawned on me that there are no right-hand drive versions of any dashboard on the market. If you wanted one then the traditional method was to create it yourself.
Here is the result of the first test printing:
The stepping or layers in the printed model are very evident. I didn’t order the polished version of the white and flexible material because I just needed a basic print to asses the current state of the model. A polished version would appear more refined. In either case some fine grit sand paper and or filler putty would make it appear smoother before painting.
I can see that I need to adjust the size of the environmental controls in this model to be larger for better printing. I also want to adjust the instrument hood again to make it more rounded and realistic.