I received the prints of the second version of the motor mount and the new transfer case mount before the holidays. I decided enjoy my holidays and start 2015 with this part.
The first prints were in strong and flexible white polished plastic. These prints are in black plastic. This is the first time I have ordered this type of material. It doesn’t have the option of getting it in polished so I expected a more rough appearance. It actually turns out quite nice.
Here are the prints to see the improvements I made.
I started with the transfer case mount as I didn’t have that installed before. I needed to check the hole alignments and find out how it fits into the chassis. It worked out quite well.
The motor mount was updated to offer more adjustability and raise the motor higher. Here is how it looks installed now.
Overall I am very pleased and with these new prints as now I can go forward with working on my Trail Finder 2 build. I plan on doing an engine bay next if I can get it all sorted out.